Tales of Mom Ellis

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

How Gearge Mueller started his day............

This morning , as I was reading "Desiring God" by John Piper, a wonderful example of how my day should begin came through the words of George Mueller:"Isaw more clearly than ever, that the first great and primary business to which I ought to attend every day was, to have my soul happy in the Lord.The first thing to be concerned about was not, how much I might serve the Lord, how I might glorify the Lord, but how I might get my soul into a happy state, and how my inner man might be nourished.Wow!!!!! Even back in Gearge's day, He learned the blessing of "choosing life" or as I would say a "happy heart" at the start of his morning. I pray this today for all of my family and friends:That you would choose Life,by loving the Lord your God,by holding fast to Him and obeying His voice(Duet.30) His joy will be your strength,whatever come your way!!He loves to see His children "walk in His truth",His word His ways.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:13 AM, Blogger Lew said…

    Hey Mom!
    Thanks for this post! Definitely very encouraging. I know that I notice a difference when I make God the first part of my day.

     
  • At 7:01 PM, Blogger Jeremy said…

    We love you mom! Thanks for posting such encouraging truth!

    Love Jer and Rach

     

Post a Comment

<< Home