Tales of Mom Ellis

Friday, May 05, 2006

Flowers are smiles from God

One of my favorite things that God created on the earth are His Glorious display of flowers ,especially in the Spring. Not only the beautiful colors, but the fragrance, too! Years ago I made a little cross stitch picture for a friend and it said"Flowers are smiles from God" and it has stuck with me for many years. It seems like my Papa in Heaven always sends a bouquet just at the right time,through a little friend at school (dandilions....smile) or a sister in Christ, my Hubby, or one of my children. But God knows, and I always can sense a smile of encouragement from Him, and I always send up a prayer of Love and Thanks to Heaven for the gift.Corrie Ten Boon had a saying ......When people give you a compliment,receive it graciously as a flower,and at the end of the day, offer a beautiful bouquet of love up to Jesus. Thank you Lord for all of the smiles of love and encouragement you have sent to me this week through my precious friends!! You are sooooo good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home