Tales of Mom Ellis

Sunday, August 06, 2006

We may not be rich, but our children are jewels...

Many years ago, I posted a little sign on my wall that says: We may not be rich......(AS the title says) and I can honestly say that I am so rich!!! Not with money or possessions, but in God and His goodness!!!Yesterday, all of my family got together for a cookout, to celebrate my birthday( my 35th or maybe my 53rd :-) ) and I felt like I was royalty!! The gifts were abundant, and the cards and letters, wow what treasures to me...but not for the pretty pictures, but the hand-written words of love and encouragement to my heart. I am so rich that I have a Heavenly Father who loves me so much that He gave me His Son Jesus as a Substitute for my earthly blunders......and a wonderful husband and friend who is so dedicated to God and our family..... To my children,,Jer and Rach, Sam and Pri and baby Gianna, Hannah and Enoch and my lil buddy, Isaiah, Laura and Lew,and Charissa......Thank you ALL so much for your gifts and your LOVE!!! I truely am the Richest of women, I love you ALL sooooooooooooooo much MOM

3 Comments:

  • At 7:32 PM, Blogger Laura said…

    Mama-
    We love you soo much! It is our pleasure to get to celebrate another year of your life!
    Love,
    Lew and Laura

     
  • At 8:43 PM, Blogger Rachel said…

    We loved celebrating with you!! And we are so thankful for you!
    love,
    Rachel and Jer

     
  • At 10:28 AM, Blogger Prellis said…

    We were so happy to be celebrating with you and to have a mom/mother-in law and soon to be again grandmother like you in our lives.
    Love,
    Sam, Pri & baby Gianna

     

Post a Comment

<< Home