Tales of Mom Ellis

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

He makes all things beautiful in His time...

On August 28th,1983 when I was in labor with my 4th child, I asked my husband, Don if I could go have some "quiet time" with Jesus, so that I would be ready for the"hard work" that labor can bring. God very clearly met me that day and spoke 2 scriptures that I wrote in my journal. The 1st one was from Psalm 27( in the amplied version) vs.14"Wait,hope for and expect the Lord. Be strong, and let your heart take courage, and wait, hope for and expect the Lord. The other was Ecl.3:11 that says: "He has made everything beautiful in its time". I remember being a little puzzled because I didn't understand what God was trying to tell me, thinking "God this baby is going to come, why are you telling me to wait???".Well, our beautiful baby girl "Laura Elizabeth Ellis" was born the next day,but God in His Beautiful way was planting the seedof His Word in my heart to prepare me for the next 16 years of my journey with my little"victorious spirit" Laura. His Word gave me an anchor of hope, when despair tried to grab my heart! It comforted me over and over when doctor after doctor told us we had to wait until she got bigger!It gave me faith to trust Him with all of my heart and not lean to my own understanding, and when I look back over these past 23 years of Laura's life, I can see that God, so rich in His mercy and love has made"Everything Beautiful in His time". Laura is one of the most precious gifts God has ever entrusted to me. He used Laura to reveal areas of my life that had sinful patterns that were deeply embedded in my heart( like perfectionism, pride, pleasing man, not God, fear of man and others) The beauty that I see in Laura is something that can only come from a heart in love with Jesus!His grace is so evident in her life as a young woman, as a "future nurse" and as a wife to be!!!Laura,I love you and am so grateful that God has given me such a beautiful daughter as you. I pray that you will have the best birthday ever and a glorious year ahead with Lew!!

2 Comments:

  • At 8:13 AM, Blogger Laura said…

    Thank you my precious Mother! I am so grateful for you and all that you do ;)

     
  • At 8:37 AM, Blogger Rachel said…

    I love how clearly God led you to specific verses right before Laura was born! Thanks for being an example of trusting in Him!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home