Tales of Mom Ellis

Sunday, May 14, 2006

A wise woman

This morning, in my quiet time, I read Proverbs 14:1 "A wise woman builds her house, but a foolish one tears it down with her own hands." So I asked myself this question: How do I build my house? If we look to God's word, love is one of the essential ingredients, but not the world's concept of love, but Agape Love, God's unconditional, sacrificial,love. Another ingredient could be humility, before God and our families,knowing apart from Jesus, we can do NoThing(John15:5) Kindness is a good quality for building, but I can see that none of these are possible apart from the Grace of God. In my sinful nature it is so much easier to tear down my home with anger, resentment, frustration,pride. So how is this even possible, to be a home-builder? Zechariah 3:6 says:"It's not by might nor by power but by My Spirit" says the Lord.What are you O great mountain? Before Zerubbabel you will become a plain with shouts of "Grace, grace to it" I am encouraged to be obedient to God's word and walk in His Love,humility,kindness, all the while crying out for His Grace,His mercy,His help!!!!Thank you Lord, that it is by Your Grace,that we builders in our homes. Teach us to be wise, so that your Light can shine through us.

1 Comments:

  • At 5:41 AM, Blogger Laura said…

    Mom-
    This was so encouraging! I know I want to follow in your wise footsteps as I learn to build a house that honors the Lord. Thank you for your example of humility and for seeking the Lord first and with all your heart. You have truly impacted many generations to come!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home