Tales of Mom Ellis

Saturday, May 13, 2006

A word from Thomas.........

In the book "Imitations of Christ" by Thomas A Kempis, he says " When the Lord lived on earth He was looked down upon by people, and in the hour of His greatest need, He was left by His friends to bear insults and shame. Can you dare to complain when Christ was so willing to suffer and be despised? Do you expect all to be your friends and patrons, when Christ was surrounded by enemies and slanderers? If all goes well with you on earth, how can you expect to be crowned in Heaven for a patience you never practiced? How can you be Christ"s friend if you will not be opposed? Therefore, you must suffer with Christ and for Christ if you want to reign with Him." What an awesome word for today, just to realize that not everybody is going to love me or be my friend. Jesus did learn obedience" from the things that He suffered",so why should I always want the easy road in life? Lord help me to accept with joy, all that comes my way, knowing that I can store up treasures in Heaven by obeying you here on earth, reguardless of what men think of me, and doing it all for Your sake, by your Grace, to bring You Glory!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home