Tales of Mom Ellis

Monday, September 25, 2006

The joy of being a "Grandmom"

This past weekend I had the joy of spending some time with my daughter, Hannah, and her son(and my lil' Buddy, Isaiah)and my dear Priscila (my other daughter :) with lil' Gianna (she's my lil sweetie ) and even though there have been trying circumstances on the home front, there is so much joy spending time with my grandchildren!!! How easy it is to forget about all those sleepless nights, fussy times, teething ,but I know one of my greatest calls is to encourage all the precious moms (including my preschool moms) that this is only a season, and this too will pass. When I think back to those times, I treasure the memories, good and bad. God is so amazing in how He weaves His beauty and character through the difficulties of our lives, as we yield to Him. The littlest things that we overlook are what God is using( like disappointments,difficult children, losses,sibling rivalry,and I could go on)to remove the impurities of our hearts so that our reflection will be Jesus, the true treasure!!!I am so greatful that God has kept me on this earth long enough to see my children's children!!! I pray for all you Moms and Grandmoms, that God will give you joy in your calling!!!

2 Comments:

  • At 7:54 AM, Blogger Hannah said…

    Thank you for your encouragement & your example Mom! I am so grateful for your influence in my life! I am amazed how God gives parents so much love for their children that is is easy to look past the challenging seasons.

     
  • At 9:19 AM, Blogger Prellis said…

    We are so grateful for you, your example and the many ways you help us. Thanks for your constant prayers during this new joyful but some times tiring season.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home