Tales of Mom Ellis

Sunday, September 03, 2006

A new year begins!!!!

Well, the summer is just about over and a new school year has begun!! New beginnings are great for us all:A new perspective, new goals, new friends to meet and an excitement about what God has in store for this new year. Every year that I have taught (and this is my 15th year ) always has its challenges, but God uses these things to work perseverance, steadfastness,faith and many other virtues in our lives. One of the things I have learned is to keep my eyes on Jesus," fixed on Him" because no matter what comes my way , big trial or little,if I'm looking at Jesus,I will see through His eyes of Faith, and discouragement will not took root in my heart. This doesn't mean that I won't be tempted, but when Satan wields those firey darts of doubt, despair,etc, up goes my shield of Faith and it extingishes the fire!!!!" I would have despaired unless I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living" Ps.27 says. I pray that everyone will see how important it is to " Lay aside every weight and everthing that easily entangles you (the devil's traps) and RUN with endurance the race set before you, FIXING your eyes on Jesus!!! His grace is sufficient for you, whatever comes your way!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home