Tales of Mom Ellis

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Children are a gift from the Lord

Today,I spent half my day with 12 three year olds and 18 four year olds! We went on an "end of the year" picnic. Sounds pretty hectic, does it not???? But as a mother of five, and a Teacher of forty-three three year olds, it was a BLAST!!! I think spending time with children keeps your heart young. It makes the impossible, possible. Like Mrs. Masick(our 4-year old teacher) and me jumping on the trampoline for at least 30 minutes with the kids lining up to jump with us!!!(Got my wigglies out)Or the challenge I received from a little friend as I stood at a climbing wall, and he said " Mrs Ellis, you can't climb that" (I think I climbed it at least 3 or 4 times today). There's just something special about children that makes life FUN!!!!That must be why Jesus told His diciples not to send the children away, "for such is the Kingdom of God". I am so much richer in God, because of the many little feet that have crossed my path.Just a funny story to end :Yesterday,as we were preparing to pray at our circle time, I asked if anyone remembered where Hubert went, and Brice said " I know where: King kong" and Julian,( his buddy sitting next to him) started to beat his chest and make gorilla sounds.( I think he meant Hong Kong) :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home