Tales of Mom Ellis

Monday, October 02, 2006

A "Dueteronomy 8" week

Well, if any of you are familiar with the above book of the Bible, you will know that this is a time of testing in the Ellis household. Last Friday, when my husband,Don , arrived home from work, oil was squirting all over the driveway, in the garage, and under his car( not a good sign).With a wedding coming up in a few months ( Laura- Lew,Dec. 16th),and our youngest just sent off to college, I am comforting myself by meditating on God's word and yes reminding Him that "Yes Lord, you own it all, the silver and gold is yours and the cattle on a thousand hills'!!!Today, they towed our blazer away and will begin putting a new engine in this week. Don and I prayed today that God would pour out His blessings on our family ,so we can't even contain them all (Mal. 3) It is definitely a walk of faith( not of sight) but over and over, so many times God in His love and mercy has come through for us ,in our time of need. So, thanks, Moses for this precious book!!!It encourages my heart and teaches me to trust God, not my feelings!!!!

3 Comments:

  • At 5:51 PM, Blogger Laura said…

    God will provide! Thank you for your example of faith...how kind of God to give me a mother like you who can still say (like Habbakuk) "Even though the olive crop fails...yet I will rejoice in the Lord" I love you mama

     
  • At 7:58 AM, Blogger Hannah said…

    I too am so thankful for your example. It is awesome to have a mother who not only encourages me to trust God during trying times but also lives as an example of how to trust God as you face trials. I love YOU!!

     
  • At 7:37 PM, Blogger Jeremy said…

    I agree with the girls...you have been a great example of faith to all of us and now that we're grown we get to apply it in our own lives! We'll pray for you as you go through this trial.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home