Tales of Mom Ellis

Saturday, October 07, 2006

Waiting is good...........

For all of my friends who are "waiting", maybe for a new job??? or waiting for a raise???Waiting on God for a husband, or maybe a new addition to your family??? I have great news!!! Waiting is GOOD. It develops areas of our heart that nothing else can touch! This morning in my quiet time, I read a quote from Charles Spurgeon that encouraged my heart!!!"A delayed blessing tests men, and proves their mettle, whether their faith is of that precious kind which can endure the fire". In thefirst book of Peter, it talks about this testing,that " just as the fire tests and purifies gold, so our Faith when tested by fire"will bring praise and honor and glory on the day when Jesus Christ is revealed to the whole world" (1 Pet. 1 : 7 ) This summer I read an Awesome book by Randy Alcorn " Safely Home" a novel about the persecution in China, and picked up a new motto for my life through one of the characters,Quan :"Real gold fears no fire" I hope this will bless and encourage you today if you are "Waiting"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home