Tales of Mom Ellis

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

So teach us.........

In Psalm 90, there is a verse that says "So teach us to number our days, that we may behold a heart of wisdom". Today, as I reflect on our 31st anniversary, it has become one of my goals for this new year. It's so hard to believe that it's been that long, seems like just yesterday I was saying " I do " and now our family has grown from 7 to 13 in a matter of 5 years.I have so much to be thankful for, good times and bad. I was pondering on God's amazing faithfulness and how He has watched over and protected my children so many times, even keeping them from death.There have been many trials, much sorrow and suffering, but God's Grace has abounded for each circumstance! It truely is amazing to see how His provision was always there for the need of the day,and God's word does tell us He knows our needs, before we even ask!!!He provided for our family so that I could stay home for almost 16 years to raise my children in the ways of God. Then when Don lost his job in 1991, He opened up the door for me to be a teacher( a desire of my heart since age 3).Every time I was pregnant,my husband received a raise( God's blessing).Then there were hospital bills for 30 surgeries, some thousnds and thousands of dollars, and yes God , who owns the cattle on a thousand hills provided ( He is amazing, isn't He??)I could go on and on,because through it all I have learned to trust Him . Now,as my life becomes simpler with each year, I pray that I, by His Grace will make every day count for Him, for His Kingdom.Lord, how could I ever thank you for what you have done, no words could ever express my heart of love to you.May my life, our marriage and our children be a reflection of your grace and mercy to a world who needs you desperately.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home