Tales of Mom Ellis

Monday, January 08, 2007

A time to recount His deeds..........

As I think about this year that has just "zoomed by"(2006) I can only give thanks to God with each thought, each breath that I take. Starting with the oldest son, just watching Jeremy and Rachel and the deep love and commitment they have for each other is truely a gift of grace from our God ( and Rachel is so GOOD for him, she knows how to "lighten up" his serious side)Then there is Sam, wow, what a transformation God is doing in his life!!!Just to watch him as a husband and now a new Papa, caring for his family....If you knew Sam 10 years ago you would see the miracle of God at work!!!Hannah, sweet daughter of mine (and the oldest girl), she is such a good mama to Isaiah,staying home to raise him in God's ways, sleepless nights and all the hard work a mom does daily,what a joy to my heart !!!!And there is Laura Beth :-) my little homemaker, baking bread, cleaning house( Wow) and caring for your new husband in such a special way( all those new recipes you are trying) Then comes my lil apple ( of my eye) Charissa, it has been such a blessing to see her leave home for College , stay on the narrow path, and apply herself in an Excellent way in her studies!!!And then to think of how God gave us the grace to have our fifth graduation party in June for Rissa and our fourth wedding since 2002 for Laura and Lew!!!!The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases, His MERCIES NEVER come to and END!!!! They are new every morning, GREAT IS YOUR FAITHFULNESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 Comments:

  • At 7:44 AM, Blogger Laura said…

    I love you Mama! I can't thank God enough for the example that you played in all of our lives to raise us in a God centered home...to give of yourself and sacrifice for us. You truly are an example like the women described in Prov. 31:
    She opens her mouth with wisdom,
    and the teaching of kindness is on her tongue.She looks well to the ways of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness.Her children rise up and call her blessed;her husband also, and he praises her:“Many women have done excellently,but you surpass them all.” I love you

     
  • At 8:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I must also agree Mom- "Many women have done excellently, but you surpass them all." Thanks for your constant encouragement in my life and always pointing me to Christ when I face trials. I am so blessed to be your daughter. I love you!
    Hannah (I can't sign in to by account?)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home