Tales of Mom Ellis

Sunday, January 21, 2007

Words from an empty nester...........

Well, today was a fun day, we celebrated Priscila's birthday and Charissa's "going back to college" day.There was lots of chattering at the dinner table, laughing,fun, and then as the snow began to fall, I realized we had to get on the road( no more dragging the feet)We packed up my van (it looked like we were moving:-) and then on our way drove to Mcdaniel College, Westminister, Md. After we unloaded the car, I hugged Charissa tight, told her I loved her, prayed for her ,and left so that she could get ready for her early class tomorrow. It is truely amazing how God has given me so much joy in this season of my life. Of course I will miss her, but it is so exciting to be able to see my children "walking in the truth" I feel privledged to watch them grow into God's plans and calling. The funniest thing that I have noticed is that the things that irritate you the most are what you miss after they leave home .The messy bathrooms,dirty tub(after Sam came home from the marines,my tub looked like a pig sty)the dirty dishes in the sink... and on and on. But we have lots of memories to enjoy, and more fun times to look forward to.... So, as I sign off, there are no tears on this side of the fence, just smiles, as I bask in the goodness of our God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home