Tales of Mom Ellis

Friday, May 26, 2006

Coming down the home stretch.............

Today, we made posters in preschool, a tradition I have been doing for several years.I am a "saver" and so I collect items throughout the year that have a special "memory" (ex. helper name,name tags, picture with mommy on the first day etc.) Yesterday and today we put all these pieces together to remember our first year of school. As happy as I am at all the awesome things God has done in the lives of the children, there's a sadness that I feel. I have actually shed tears this week at the thought of letting them go, but I know that it's the only way they'll reach their potential in God, so my role will change on June 1st, from "Teacher" to "Prayer Warrior" (they are both challenging jobs)What a Big responsibility it is to care for God's little lambs,and yet what joy to watch them open up and blossom right before your eyes!!!All the "weeping" is worth it because the shout of Joy has come. And so, on Tuesday and Wednesday, when I open my doors and let the little butterflies go,I can sense a big smile from my Heavenly Father as I now pray that this will be another "generation for His Glory"!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home