Tales of Mom Ellis

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

The Lord is my Shepherd...........

In Psalm 23, David begins with a very profound statement: "The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want". In another version it says" The Lord is my shepherd, I have everything that I need".This means that if Jesus is our Shepherd, if He is our Guide in life, then there is nothing on this earth that I need besides Him. I have learned that as much as I love my husband and family,the calling of a teacher of His little ones, and all the abundance of blessings He has provided, Christ and Christ alone will satisfy my soul. His nearness is my good....In His presence is FULLNESS of JOY and at His right hand pleasures forevermore.....He is my portion and my cup, my lot is secure in Him!!!!!So, getting back to Psalm 23,its all about Him. When Jesus is the Shepherd of my soul, I have all that I need for this day, so I don't have to go looking for the things of this world to satisfy me( it's all in vain anyway).He brings true Joy, everlasting Peace and Hope that does not disappoint us!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home