Tales of Mom Ellis

Thursday, January 25, 2007

A day of fun at the gym.............

When I mentioned above "the gym" I'm not refering to a place for adults but a gym filled with little tots!!!!Today, our class (both am and pm ) took a field trip to Hill's gym. After all the normal preparations, shoes and socks off, going potty etc... we were off for one straight hour of fun!!! My very favorite part was jumping on the long trampoline ( kind of looks like a mini runway) with the kids, and jumping in the big pit from a rope ( like Tarzan). The kids loved it and it was perfect timing for a cold, snowy winter day (when kids need to get outside but can't) Some of the smiles I observed were precious and just seeing their excitement to try new things made it a very special day. I must say, spending time with these little ones certainly does have great benefits, mainly just keeps the heart young. You forget about all the complexities of life and are free to laugh, giggle, make silly sounds and they still love you!!!! It was a great day, and tomorrow we get to go back for one more trip :-) Yahoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 Comments:

  • At 1:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Mrs. Ellis, Callie loved going to the gym too. She had an excellent time. Thank you.

     
  • At 4:24 PM, Blogger Lew said…

    that sounds like such a fun time! I bet you had a blast!

     
  • At 9:36 AM, Blogger Laura said…

    Mom I wish I had half the energy you have ;) Those children are so blessed to have such a fun and spunky teacher!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home