Tales of Mom Ellis

Monday, February 05, 2007

A 3 dog night and a 3 dog day.........

Well, recently my neighbor called me to see how my "empty nest" was doing. I chuckled as I told her that even though my children are gone, my nest if quite full!! You see, along this path of my life, somehow my heart is always soft when a pet needs a new home, especially dogs. Eveyone of the pets we have taken care of have been"orphans" in need of a home. This gives me a little feeling of benevolence when I care for our 14 year old "hot dog" who is at this point of his life like a "nursing home " patient. The other two dogs, Tiny and Webbie fight like siblings ( kind of like Laura and Sam when they were small) and Tiny is constantly irritating Webbie, taking his toys and running.Right now as I write Tiny is in her crate having a "time out" for eating the popourri berries on my coffee table (the third or fourth time in this past month)So to all you moms with little ones,the pruning in our lives is ongoing, even as the children leave home. But I don't want to leave on a bad note so I must tell you, I love all the pets God has graciously bestowed on our family and will continue to nurture and love them, even when times are a little trying. Who knows, maybe God will have a job for me in Heaven taking care of animals ( I love goats..........)

3 Comments:

  • At 4:50 PM, Blogger Lew said…

    I miss Tiny and Webbie! Give them a hug for me.

     
  • At 6:45 PM, Blogger Laura said…

    Oh, I have the same heart as you mom. Maybe one day we will be able to take care of the animals in heaven together! I miss my dogs, (especially Webby)...it's hard not having them around...I will have to make a visit soon!

     
  • At 6:54 AM, Blogger Hannah said…

    You are such a good animal caretaker! You have done well with dogs,birds, hamsters, guinea pigs, frogs and other various things we may have brought home at different points in our lives. I love you!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home