Tales of Mom Ellis

Saturday, July 07, 2007

Walking down memory lane.........

Last night, after a wonderful meal with Laura, Lew, Charissa and Don,we proceded to go to the old bedroom where 3 precious sisters all shared a room together for many years , and clean out some of the "junk" that I have been holding on to. It was a bittersweet time for me, because as Laura was reading some of the cards out loud to us, it seemed like only yesterday we were there. I took a huge and very heavy bag to the trashcan this morning( I didn't go through it girls! )but lots of wonderful memories still remain deep in my heart. I am so grateful for the many years God has kept me on this earth to see my children grow up, and now enjoy their children so much!! Parents, savor the moments you have with your little ones. Yes, it can seem so difficult at times, but God's Grace will carry you through those bumps and you are making memories that you will enjoy someday, just like me.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:01 AM, Blogger Laura said…

    Thank you Mom...for always helping us to capture the moments ;) (I'm also very proud of you for taking the trash out without being compelled to go through it!)

    I love you!!

     
  • At 7:07 PM, Blogger Prellis said…

    Thanks for always encouraging us to savor each moment. It is so good to hear it from you.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home