Tales of Mom Ellis

Saturday, April 28, 2007

My "baby" is growing up!!!!!

Last night I went to Laura's place to spend time with my girls. Charissa was there to spend the night, because Lew went away on a retreat. We ate together, watched her wedding video, sang ( with the guitar! ) and just laughed and enjoyed each other!!! It made me once again so aware that I am in a new season of life and my "baby" has become one of my closest friends! What a blessing that God gives us new seasons of life, and what precious Grace He gives to enjoy those seasons!!Today, Charissa and her college friends from Intervarsity are heading down to the Mall in Washington D.C. to see what its like for a child in Uganda who has to sleep outside (they have been raising money for the "Invisible Children" ) in Africa. It is a joy to watch Charissa "growing up", because I have seen such good fruit(of the spirit) blossoming in her life. Like compassion, Agape Love, gratefulness and constant appriciation for the "little things",just an all around joyfulness to serve others. I know that the only way this " regeneration" occurs is through a heart devoted to our precious Saviour!!!So once again, I have "tasted to see that the Lord is so good"( Psalm 34 ) There is NO GREATER JOY than to see my children walk in God's Truth!!!! Thanks Lord for hearing the constant cry of my heart, that they might know You!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home