Tales of Mom Ellis

Saturday, March 31, 2007

Do you want to have "hind's feet"?

Yesterday, I attended the funeral of a dear friend who is now with Jesus, Tammy Hyson. When I went up to hug her husband, Leroy, before the service, He kept thanking me for the"story " that I read to Tammy about 6 weeks ago. My mind was blank, but I thanked him and pondered in my mind"what story did I read to her. Later on, when I came home I decided to pull out a book and share a little bit of it with the moms who were coming to my home for a gathering,because I knew some of them were going through some trials, and when I opened the book, Tammy's phone number and directions to her home were right in the front and the Lord said"This story". I recalled that afternoon, sitting in Tammy's family roomreading her part of the book:Hind's feet" and praying with her and the peace that God was pouring out in the midst of her pain was so evident. The part of the story that I read was about a little girl named"Much Afraid" who wanted hind's feet, so the Shepherd(Jesus) told her she had to hold the hands of his helpers"Sorrow and Suffering".She cried but reluctantly said she would, because this was the only way to get hinds feet. In the end, because of all her trials and sufferings,and her obedience to hold the helpers hands, she receives her hinds feet and the Shepherd changes her name to "Grace and Glory" Today, as Tammy dances around the Throne of Jesus, there is no doubt in my mind that her new name is Grace and Glory!!

2 Comments:

  • At 11:06 AM, Blogger Laura said…

    Mom,
    Thanks for your faithfulness, you have always been such a great encourager to those who are suffering. I remember the many times we would sit and read hind's feet in high places....and how much I longed to no longer be "much afraid", and you were always so good to remind me that my suffering was producing good things...and oh how right you were!
    I love you

     
  • At 7:46 AM, Blogger Hannah said…

    Thank you for you example! I love that story too and recall the many times you have read it to us growing up. I love you!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home