Tales of Mom Ellis

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

The golden years????????

Last night , after a very full day (beginning at 4AM), I went to my son Sam's house to babysit sweet little Gianna so that Sam and Prisila could go to a care group in their Church. Upon arriving, I knew she had an ear infection and cold, so I was prepared to sing and cheer her up as much as possible( she's 6 months old). About thirty minutes after she went down to sleep, I could hear her crying and coughing, and my Grandmother's heart just had to hold her and "make it all better". We had some sweet moments where she smiled and cooed' but most of the time she was not a happy camper.The amazing thing was that even though I was so tired, I just kept singing and rocking her, making silly faces, praying and I had such a peace and joy deep in my heart. The fussiness didn't even bother me. It was sweet to my ears and I realized how all the pruning over the years with my five children, and then fifteen years of teaching little ones, that God has really been working in my life. When I look back, truely the years I spent at home raising my children are what I would consider the "golden years" of my life. It certainly is not an easy job being a full-time mommy, but the years you invest in them when they are small will bring huge "dividends" when they grow up. So to all you moms with little children, enjoy this season, and keep your heart soft and teachable, and God will be working in you His fruit of the Spirit!!!And as you have heard many times, before you know it , they will be "All grown up"!

1 Comments:

  • At 6:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love this post Mom! It's so encouraging to see how God has used the years of sacrificing for us to really prune you and turn you into the woman you are today :) I want to grow to be like you one day! Love you -Laura

     

Post a Comment

<< Home