Tales of Mom Ellis

Thursday, March 22, 2007

All's well that ends well................

After reading all of my daughters and daughter -in-law's wonderful blogs about food and recipes, I thought this would bring a smile to your face. Last week, I decided to make a nice dinner:A whole baked chicken with fresh carrots, potatoes and green beans. I put the chicken in the oven to bake and the green beans in the pan. After going about my business of my everyday busy life, I smelled something burning. I did not put enough water in the pan and my yummy beans were burnt! (we had canned beans instead- Jeremy's favorite) Then when I thought the chicken was done,it was still a little red. So I put it in the microwave to cook it in the middle. When I took it out to cut it up, just before we were to eat, I thought maybe something was wrong with this poor chicken, because it had no breast meat. I kept hacking away, hitting the bone,and then graciously offered my husband the dark meat. When we sat down to eat, the potatoes were hard, and the carrots were "crunchy".I was wondering at this point if anything else could go wrong......only to discover that I had baked the chicken "upside down" and all the breast meat was on the bottom.Do you think this could possibly have been a result of my dyslexia in full motion, or maybe a "senior long moment"?My wonderful husband ended the meal with: All's well that ends well". That made it "All better" :-)

3 Comments:

  • At 12:09 AM, Blogger Rachel said…

    Glad it all worked out in the end... and Jeremy sure does miss those canned green beans! :o)

     
  • At 5:05 AM, Blogger Laura said…

    I'm sure that meal was almost as good as that playdough pizza ;) But at least you have a happy heart...that's what is most important! I love you Momma ;)

     
  • At 3:06 PM, Blogger Hannah said…

    We all have had those situations. I think mine was worse when I replace the red wine in my recipe for red wine vinegar by mistake. That one didn't end too well. Keep up the good work in the kitchen. One little thing like that shouldn't stop you.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home