Tales of Mom Ellis

Sunday, March 11, 2007

A generous "young woman" will be blessed!!!!

After a short visit home, I took Charissa back to McDaniel College this morning, with her roomate, Libbey to go on a trip to Kentucky to work with other students helping in the Appalchian Mountains. Charissa is not sure what kind of work they will be doing, but she knows the mission is to help others less fortunate than her. As we were on our way I gave them both a "Nugget of Truth" from God's precious word: "The generous Young woman (paraphrased) will be BLESSED and she who refreshes others will herself be refreshed" Proverbs 11:25 .I am so grateful when I see God at work in the lives of my children and family. When most college kids will be hitting the beach and parties, Charissa and Libby will be serving for Christ's sake, to share His Love to a dark world. I reminded them that as they give of their time and energy, "refreshing others" God will pour out His Love, Joy, and Grace, and "refresh them". On my way home from the dropoff, I could just sense the pleasure of God on these students, His peace that passes all understanding and would ask you as friends, to pray for this group of kids: for their safety, for "divine appointments" to share Jesus with others and that the work would be accomplished in Kentucky.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:19 AM, Blogger Laura said…

    I love to see how sweet Rissa is growing into such a godly woman. I respect her so much ;) Thanks for your selfless example Mom, we all learned so much of it from you and your devotion to being more like Christ!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home