Tales of Mom Ellis

Friday, March 02, 2007

Who is your core??????

Today, I had a very interesting and exciting talk with my youngest child, Charissa. She was sharing with me some of the things that God is working in her life. At one point in our conversation, she said " Mom, there just isn't that many kids on campus who want to "grow" in their relationship with God.People are too comfortable and busy and kind of keep God on the "side".She was referring to a Christian group that she is involved with at McDaniel College. I reminded her that God always has to first,but she responded by saying that too many people do not make Jesus their "Core" or their whole life, just the part that they want. She seemed a little sad about it,and I thought of something that I read this week byBasilea Schlink in "My all for Him": " Jesus is a true Bridegroom; this is His very nature. He waits for His Bride. He does not seek to force love; it must be spontaneous. He knocks softly on the door. He waits until someone opens it. He stands behind the door and looks to see whether His Bride will open up and come out to Him( Song of Sol. 5:2 ) His eyes follow her sadly if all day long she is busy and in a hurry, if she goes about everything quickly and vigorously and yet spiritually is becoming estranged from Him, because she is completely engrossed with her work and earthly business." As I pondered these words, I thought of how happy our precious Lord must be when He is our"Core ", center, Lifeand breath, treasure.......and how we must take time to let Him know of our deep love for Him. I was amazed to see how God is working in my Child's life and how grateful I am as a Mom to see her pursuing God with all her heart and desiring this for her friends. Thanks, Lord, for this opportunity to see your Grace at work in my children.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home