Tales of Mom Ellis

Saturday, April 21, 2007

To our beloved Sneakers.............

When Laura was 9 years old, and Charissa was 4, we adopted a " hot dog" from Baltimore. Sneakers was around to watch 4 of my kids go through the teenage years (at the same time, whew!) Charissa was 5 years later, and He was a great comfort to Laura , when she went through her many surguries.A few years ago, we found out he had "cushings disease" because he couldn't stop eating. God graciously gave us a few more years with him. Last night, I babysat at Sam and Pri's house, and when I arrived home, I discovered that " Sneaks" had died. Even though I am very sad, God heard my prayers, because I asked Him to let it happen this way (we had another dog before Sneakers and because of a tumor, had her put to sleep)After reading Randy Alcorn's book on Heaven, my only prayer is that maybe Sneaks will greet me at the Pearly Gates. Thanks Sneaks, for all the love and memories you gave to us, the Ellis Family!!!!!!

3 Comments:

  • At 4:26 PM, Blogger Lew said…

    We'll miss Sneaks :( at least he's in a better place now.

     
  • At 5:06 PM, Blogger Jeremy said…

    Mom, I'm so proud of you...you sounded so brave on the phone! The connection we feel with our pets is such a mystery, but they are a gift from the LORD! Even though Sneaks was pretty much laughable to everyone else who ever saw his fat little frame and his inexplicable quirks, he will always have a special place in our hearts...

     
  • At 6:54 PM, Blogger Hannah said…

    We will miss our little man Sneaks. We have wonderful memories of him that will stay with us always.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home