Tales of Mom Ellis

Friday, July 13, 2007

What an exciting day!!!!!

Yesterday morning started out normal,peaceful and quiet, when all of a sudden I heard our neighbor's Husky barking very loudly and he wouldn't stop. When I looked out back,Eileen ( my 84 year old widowed neighbor) looked like she needed help. I ran outside and hopped our fence( kind of like superman) and in the corner sat a little critter, very scared. I am not sure what he was- either a groundhog or a badger,but the electric fence inside her yard was keeping the Husky from eating him!I tried to coax this little guy away from the corner, but he kept hissing at me and whenever I got close, he would take a leap toward me so I told Eileen to take the dog inside and get me some lettuce or greens. Meanwhile I just kept praying out loud and talking to this little guy, trying to explain that I only wanted to help him. I stuck two boards under the fence to make an escape hole, and after much prayer and quietness, he ran under and got out!!!!Yeah God!!!Thanks for your help!!! I do so love your little critters!!!!!

1 Comments:

  • At 10:15 PM, Blogger liqidimond said…

    This post made me smile. I am very glad that little ground hog had a kindred spirit around to help him out... hopefully he didn't die of a heart attack on the other side of the fence!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home